Dear Fellow Faculty,
This is important!!!
Article 51.2 A/B paragraph-5 states that faculty with DE* assignments may conduct those assignments in a location remote from the primary worksite. This has been a part of our contract for 17 years! But now the administration is demanding that all counseling faculty perform 100% of their work from campus, including virtual assignments. Counselors who are exercising their contractual rights are now being disciplined and threatened. We must collectively respond to the administration's heavy-handed edict and blatant disregard for what is clearly stated in our contract!
* Distance Education = Activities Facilitated by Communication Technology
Help us protect our rights by doing the following:
- Complete this survey to commit to attending the Board of Trustees meeting on March 15th at 7pm (in-person is the most powerful way but Zoom is still an option). Survey link.
- Sign this petition to show your support for protecting faculty rights: petition link.
- Complete this Remote Work & Environmental Assessment/survey: Survey link.
- Attend the next union meeting to plan for our strategic messaging to the Board of Trustees. Let's continue our efforts next Friday, 3/11, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm to address the 100% IP mandate.
All faculty are welcome. Join next Friday's meeting here:
Meeting ID: 954 4978 8860
- The WVMFT Executive Board
Posted in Action Network / News