- Written by WVMFT
Four years as your union president have passed quite quickly. At that time, as a candidate for the position, I pledged to you:
- to work for better working conditions for all of you,
- to communicate clearly and often with you,
- to work towards engagement and unity,
- to be responsive,
- to engage you in conversations,
- to listen to your opinions, ideas and especially opposing viewpoints,
- to build consensus wherever possible,
- and to take responsibility for my decisions.
I have been true to my word and now it's time to dedicate myself to create a smooth transition for our newly-elected President Kate Disney, Vice President Kathy Haven, Secretary Jory Segal, Treasurer Yanghee Kim, Representatives Jeff Cormier (MC), Ellen Yu Costa (WVC) and Patricia Louderback (WVC). In the past two weeks, we have worked together to welcome new faculty, interview a new executive director, handle grievances, prepare for negotiations, and transfer the digital tools to the new leadership. The next Action Network messages will come from President Kate Disney (email@example.com)!
Thank YOU for all the ways YOU have supported my efforts! So MANY of YOU have become more ENGAGED in advocating and supporting our colleagues. WE are a much more VISIBLE, VIGILANT, and VIBRANT union than we were four years ago! I am so fortunate to have been your president!